I was walking round leeds city center shopping areas and this building suddenly caught my eye. I knew there had been scaffolding and building works around here for as long as i could remember, but never knew what was hiding under all the work. This Barclays bank store really stood out with the gleaming new glow to the shop front and the innovative curved frontage. The shining blocks surrounding the glass front beautifully compliment the business like reputation of Barclays the company. I was very impressed that it had so subtly been slipped in between a Superdrug and a Greggs store, while still standing out so respectfully and looking so clean cut.
Friday, 4 December 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah, I remember doing a double take when this was first unveiled and opened. Really holds its own on the street which also had Urban Outfitters and a massive Next. Not often you get to say that about a bank!
ReplyDeleteI completely agree. This bank looks so swanky compared to all the others in Leeds. I wish i was with Barclays, Natwest just doesn't have the same effect.
ReplyDeleteHave you went past this building at night yet? It looks so futuristic. Despite drawing so much attention to itself, to me it would repel any wannabe bank robbers...it looks like it has some pretty high-tech security to go with it!
ReplyDeleteRefreshing to see a sterotypically bland company really branch out and do somethin different