Saturday, 2 January 2010

AVATAR film


Recently i went to the cinema to see AVATAR. I must admit that i was skeptical as to the type of film and the creatures that had been advertised as 'part of another world' etc. I didn't really jump at the advert as it didn't really appeal to me, being a person that doesn't really for sci-fi films. However, when some of my friends came back from watching it singing the films' praises, and describing it as a combination of lord of the rings and the matrix, i though i had better give it a go.

I clearly remember being completely and utterly engrossed and engaged with this mesmerizing film as i felt like i was taken on the most magical journey. The fact that it was 3D i though meant that in a few on the scenes, you really felt like you were there, but i didn't think that it made the film. The stunning and beautiful portrayal of the Avatar's world was absolutely awe inspiring, with the pants and creatures feeling like they almost have a tactile feel. This depiction alone has made me want to go and see this film again and definitely buy it when it comes out on dvd.

The military aspect i thought also would not appeal to me but it acts as a stark contrast to the serene tranquility of the Avatar world, but the love story is what really tugs at your heart strings. Here i really felt the titanic feel come through as the love story was not only between the two main characters, but with the nature around them. I thought that this was a very novel idea and was conveyed extremely coherently. I really felt that i was part of character, scully's exploration and journey to fall in love with this world and because quite emotional a few moments.

I would, with out a doubt, recommend this film to almost anyone, as it has something for everyone - go and see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment